Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Picture of Danny

My sister was able to locate some high resolution pictures of Danny on her computer so she sent them to me via email. From those, I was finally able to select two that I though would work for the canvas picture I'm having made. I sent them in, and got a response that they are both just fine, and which picture they'll actually use for the canvas. They promised to get started on it right away.

The folks at CanvasOnDemand.com have been so nice and so patient with me about the selection. Since the picture is one of Danny one day at a city park when a man with a little monkey dropped by, I decided to let them leave the monkey in it. It's sitting on his lap, and Danny just loved animals, so this picture really says a lot about him.

The shot does show black marks on his face where he'd just come from radiation therapy, so the canvas folks are going to remove those from the shot.

This has been the most difficult process for me. Not because of the canvas people, but just looking at all the pictures of Danny. Each one means something and I remember everything about the days when the shots were taken. The memories are bittersweet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7/31/2007 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard to believe that it's already been over a year and a half since Danny passed away. I imagine the memories will always be bittersweet for you, but I'm glad that you can remember him and enjoy those memories. Can't wait to see the canvas when it's done. It sounds wonderful!

    Lizzy

     
  • At 7/31/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger jannwebb said…

    So glad you finally found some that will work. Memories are bittersweet, aren't they? I've been putting all those kinds of things in one closet and some day after the house is all done, we'll go back through them and spend more time reminiscing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home