Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's only Wednesday?

Why does it seem like it should be Friday? It's been a very tiring week so far. Work scheduling has been the culprit, and my supervisor assured me that after this week, it won't be so bad.

It started with Monday. I opened, which means being there at 4:30 AM. I was originally scheduled to be off Monday. OK. I opened, but Brandon closed. So, Monday, I was there until after 2 PM because it was very busy. I went to Big Town and made my car payment when I got off work, came home, then had to take B back to work at 5 PM.

I snoozed about 3 hours after I took him, then E called me and I was awake the rest of the night. I picked B up around 1:30 AM, and was scheduled to open again. That meant by the time I got home, napped for 45 minutes, then got up to get dressed, it was time for work again.

I worked from open till around noon. By that time, I was feeling punch drunk from lack of sleep. Still, I came home, slept for awhile, then took B back to work at 5.

Keep in mind that we live 15 miles from work, which translates into about 45 minutes for each round trip. Not to mention the amount of gas needed to make that many trips back and forth.

Yes, we both work tonight, closing. I feel like I've been beat up, although I did at least get some much-needed sleep last night. I'm just weary, I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home