Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Car problem revisited

My mechanic thinks the reason the "Service engine soon" light is on is simply a computer malfunction. He said I can unhook the hot post on the battery and let it sit overnight, then hook it back up and see if it's still showing. If it is, then the dealership or other mechanic with more sophisticated tools will have to work on it. But basically, he was telling me it's more of an annoyance than anything else.

As far as the problem with the oil, he said the front seal is leaking a bit. He recommended changing to a different oil and adding Lucas to it. So I had him do that. He's a huge fan of Lucas treatment as are all the farmers in this area. Many won't run a tractor at all until they've added Lucas.

According to the mechanic, and the farmers, this stuff can actually stop minor oil leaks if used regularly. That means I'll get it put in every oil change from now on. I'll also keep a couple quarts of Castrol GTX in the car until the oil leak stabilizes and is gone. The mechanic is also sold on Castrol, and I agreed with him on it. I've used Castrol for years in vehicles and had good service from it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home