Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Danny on canvas

It finally came. After much going back and forth in email and on the phone, the picture of Danny on canvas is here. I am so delighted with this picture, words cannot explain.

Most of the pictures I have of Danny were too low in resolution to be enlarged to this 16 by 20 size. The people at CanvasOnDemand.com were extremely helpful, patient, and kind, leading me through the process step by step and encouraging me to locate a picture that would be suitable. I can't say enough good things about them and the very personal treatment I got from them.

You see, just browsing through photos of Danny was hard for me. I could remember every single moment depicted by them, and some brought tears to my eyes. Yet, some also made me happy to view. They were happier times.

It turned out that my sister actually had pictures that would work perfectly because of their high resolution. I count this a blessing since her computer had crashed awhile back and she lost a lot on it, but some of these pictures were still there. I've place the picture on the top of the electric organ that used to be my Father's. A fitting place for a display, I think.

The picture I used was one of two I sent to the folks at CanvasOnDemand.com. My sister reminded me how much Danny loved animals, and thought either of them might be a good one to have enlarged since there is an animal in them. They were even able to remove the black pen marks that were on Danny's face and ear, where the radiation doctor had made marks to target some cancer cells.

That particular day, Danny had just finished a radiation treatment. We met up with my sister, mother, brother-in-law, and my brother and his wife from New York, at a local city park. A man happened by with the little monkey, and the monkey took up with Danny right away. Danny was pretty tickled about that and it really brightened his day a lot.

Anyway, if you have a picture of a loved one, maybe your parents, and would like one of these as an anniversary gift or for any other reason, do not hesitate to contact the folks at CanvasOnDemand.com and have one made. The $89 price and free shipping are cheap compared to the years of memories and enjoyment you'll get from these pictures on canvas. I know mine will be a treasure for me and for my children that is not measurable in dollars and cents.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 8/07/2007 7:40 AM, Blogger Homemom3 said…

    Very happy they were able to get one of the pictures to work. Love the story. My pictures were all low too, glad it wasn't just me.

     
  • At 8/07/2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is such a beautiful picture. Your right, I'm sure you'll get years of enjoyment from this canvas.

     
  • At 8/07/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger jannwebb said…

    Ann, it's great! I'm thrilled for you!

     
  • At 8/07/2007 11:02 AM, Blogger Colleen said…

    What a fabulous picture and tribute to Danny!

     
  • At 8/07/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger Dyane said…

    Oh Ann, your entry and the canvas made me cry. What a beautiful way to remember a man you loved so very much. *hugs*

     
  • At 8/07/2007 2:12 PM, Blogger Ann crum said…

    Thanks for all your comments. I can hardly take my eyes off the canvas now.

     
  • At 8/07/2007 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful picture and what a wonderful memory to have of that day with Danny. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Lizzy

     
  • At 8/07/2007 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Ann, it's just perfect! {{HUGS}}

     
  • At 8/08/2007 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's almost like we are watching a private moment. It's lovely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home