Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Thursday, December 13, 2007

Paying insurance

I am glad that I can pay my insurance online. It saves me trips into town, and with gas prices what they are, I don't need to do any extra driving if I can help it. Right now, I only carry the state minimum liability. My car is old enough that even a fender bender would probably total it out anyway. So, I picked up a payment assurance plan where I bought the car. If, God forbid, I'm in an accident that does 70% damage to my car, and it's not my fault, the car gets paid off.

Now, 70% damage to my car doesn't mean the car is a total loss as far as driving it. It means that the damage amounts to 70% of the car's actual value. It doesn't take a truck accident lawyer to understand that being rear ended or sideswiped would be enough to cause that kind of damage. And I would still be able to drive the car.

Of course, I'm not wishing for this. I'd rather own the car intact and undamaged.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home