Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, December 14, 2007

Rainy winter weather

Winter here in central Arkansas isn't so much about snow and ice as it is about rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Not just rain, but cold rain that seems to chill the body right to the bone.

We will eventually have low enough temperatures to get other nasty stuff. Not necessarily a lot of snow, but a lot of sleet and ice. No fun at all. In fact, we are predicted to get some snow on Saturday. It won't stick, of course. The ground is still too warm. But when night time temperatures dip below freezing, this could mean icy patches on the paved roads.

Around here, everybody drives like every day is a dry, hot day in August, which means a lot of accidents on the highways because of people not using what little sense God gave them when they get behind the wheel. If I had a choice, I wouldn't venture further than the Post Office on days when the highways are getting slick. Might not even go that far. I've got food. I've got water. I've got heat. Very little is worth risking an accident for, including a job. However, I will go to work anyway. I won't like it, but I'll go. If I don't, then it won't be long before I don't have food, water, or heat!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home