Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What's for dinner?

At last, a really nice home cooked meal. Yes, I do cook a few times a week. I hate that I can't cook a big meal every day, but some days it's just not possible if we have to work mid-shift.

It was just home cookin' - nothing fancy - but oh! so good and filling!

I fixed braised pork chops, home made biscuits, butter fried hominy, turnip greens, seasoned rice, and gravy. Washed it down with sweet iced tea, of course.

Kevin asked me how I made the biscuits, they were so good. I told him it was a well-kept secret. Even I don't know! See, I make biscuits by feel, and since I've been making them since about 1970 or before, I can do a pretty fair job of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home