Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, February 02, 2007

Gold repair

I took my necklace to the jewelry store last week to have it repaired. It's a gold necklace that Brandon got me for Christmas, so I could wear Danny's wedding band on it. It broke off at the clasp and the jewelry store said it would have to be gold soldered together. They'll probably call sometime tomorrow and say they have it back, but with this snow I can't get to town.

Still, it got me to thinking. Gold soldered. I guess I just never thought about using gold for solder, but really that's exactly how some jewelry is put together, isn't it? And that could be the only gold investing any of us do.

However, there are other ways. You can get involved with gold investing through trustworthy companies such as Monex.com. They've been in business long enough to have proved themselves on the precious metals market. You, as a consumer, can actually buy American eagle gold coins in units of 10 one-ounce coins for personal delivery, thereby investing in something that will only grow in value. These are actual legal tender coin in the USA with a $50 face value. You can also invest in fractional sizes of ounce, ounce and 1/10 ounce, in units of 20 coins each for your future financial security.

If you're interested in investing in gold, contact Monex.com and check out their competitive precious metals prices.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home