Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, December 21, 2007

Habitat for Humanity

Among the companies I've been doing paid blogging for IZEA (formerly known as PayPerPost) has been the one I've been with the longest. I began there just a few short months after they started, and I've stayed with them ever since. Throughout the growth pains of becoming a major presence on the web, I've been able to generate some income from them. Enough, in fact, to be able to buy a car, a new laptop, and a few other extras.

However, not everyone is as fortunate as I. There are some within our communities, yours and mine, who are hard working but struggling nonetheless. These people are dreaming of owning their own home. This is a dream of millions of Americans, don't you think? Habitat for Humanity is an organization that helps people make their dreams come true. But they can't do it alone. They need your help in both time and donations.

I've just visited Habitat for Humanity and donated to help others attain their dreams. Just like IZEA has helped me attain some of my own dreams, it's time to pay it forward. I donated on behalf of IZEA and quite a number of other bloggers (or "posties", as we're called) are doing the same. MamaBok posted to her blog about this effort.

Others who are joining us are:

Christmas Spirit
Give the Gift of a Home This Holiday
Tis the Season
Give Thanks Don't Say It
Thanks PayPerPost
This is the Right Thing To Do
A Home for Everyone
Remember Habitat for Humanity

Won't you join us in this effort to bring the very best Christmas to deserving families? You can click the banner to donate any amount you wish. There is no challenge to be met here. Every little bit helps.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home