Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, February 02, 2013

Summer plans

There is so much I want to do this spring and summer. I want to add a couple more garden beds. I want to fix up the greenhouse we built, that was pretty much destroyed by storms and high winds. I want to add a water tank in which to raise tilapia.

I think that if I add a jandy pool light to the tank, it will help the tilapia feed more and will also encourage the growth of duck weed, which I plan to put in it.

I want to get more rabbits to raise for meat. We’ve gone through all we had and a couple of them just got dead. Who knows why rabbits are alive and kicking one day, and you find them dead the next? Same for chickens. I want more chickens to raise for meat, which means buying chicks pretty soon and getting them set up for fattening. I have found that the chickens I raise don’t give me any stomach distress, like the store bought chicken does.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home