Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, February 02, 2013

Update for this week

I haven’t been very diligent about posting here, but sometimes I think my life really just isn’t interesting enough. However, I need to set my schedule at home so that I’m posting something every day, anyway.

This past week I spent 4 days at Mom’s house, and visited with Sis and her hubby, who live right next door. As always, I had a great visit and hated to leave and come back home. But, I have a job and I need that for bill paying!

We didn’t have a lot of activities this week. Mostly, Mom and I worked on her jigsaw puzzles. I really enjoy them, but I don’t have enough room in my little house to keep one set up and going.

One of the days I was there, we made Candy Apple Jelly. This is a beautiful, clear, jewel-red jelly made from apple juice and red hot candies. It’s delicious, too, with meats or even on toast.

One night, some terrible storms rolled through. We didn’t get any damage at Mom’s or at my house, about 100 miles south of there. However, there were three tornadoes plus high straight-line winds that did cause damage and death in other parts of the state. Now, even in Arkansas, winter tornadoes never used to occur. But in recent years, and even recent months, we’ve had some very strange weather events. From a blizzard to ice to spring-like storms, all within an 8 week period. We never know what to look for from day to day, or even how to dress when we leave that house in the morning!

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home