Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Sunday, January 06, 2013

Busy baking weekend

I’ve spent almost the entire weekend baking bread. I’m not complaining. I enjoy that activity. This weekend was filled with developing and tweaking recipes for soft pretzels and bagels. I succeeded at both, although the soft pretzels were the most difficult to get just right.

The first go-round, they weren’t much more than regular bread knots. There wasn’t really a pretzel-y feel to them in the mouth, so I had to figure out a few things, experiment a little, until I finally achieved the results I was aiming for.

The bagels were quite a bit easier to develop. The only hold-up on them was getting the appearance right. I accomplished that on my second try, though, so I feel pretty good about it.

I’m including pictures of both for your viewing pleasure.

bagels

pretzels

Both breads are chewy yet moist and delicious.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home