Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wednesday, going on Thursday

It's just after midnight here. We worked today then went to church tonight. I forgot to take a change of clothes with me so just went to church in my uniform. It's ok. People understand that especially for mid-week services.

It's been cold and rainy the whole day. In fact, it started before sunrise. I don't have a proper winter coat, either. See, for the past years I really just haven't needed one. If the weather was like this or worse, I stayed home. Now, though, with working most days plus church, I need something to keep the cold air at bay.

I did stop by Freds Discount and got a fleece cape. I already have one, but it's a really nice expensive one and I don't want to wear it for everyday. My Mama gave it to me last year for Christmas and she got it at Dillard's. It's a dark taupe color which I really like. What I got today isn't nearly as nice but should still be warm enough for most winter days in Arkansas. By the way, it's red so I look a little like the Caped Crusader in it..lol. I was hoping to find a camel colored one but the only two colors they had were red and black. Black just isn't good for me because we have a white cat. Any questions?

I also picked up a pair of genuine leather gloves. They are black and should work with everything else I have. I was pleasantly surprised when they rang up at $1.50 since the tag price was $4.97. Nice gloves for cheap. I like that for sure! It's been my experience that real leather outlasts anything else out there. I've got an old leather purse that's still sound other than the cloth liner and plastic zipper. If those had been more durable, I'd still carry it! But the leather part still looks like it did the day I bought it.

I asked for prayer at church for us to find another vehicle before our old van bites the dust. Also asked prayer for Jeremiah, the son of a homeschool mom near me. He has cancer in his nose and is being treated in Memphis at St. Jude's. He's only 14, so please help me pray for him and his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home