Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanksgiving cooking begun

I started making cornbread today for Thanksgiving cornbread dressing. I'll take it to Sis' house Thursday morning. Because I use a toaster oven for everything right now, I'll need to make one or two more small batches of cornbread.

So, how do I plan to make a big pan of dressing? Well, I thought you'd never ask. I got one of those big electric roasters. I've been wanting one ever since I saw the one my older daughter has. While I was at Kohl's the other day, I noticed they had them on sale for $29. It's Hamilton Beach, so I snapped one up right away.

It's huge. HUGE! It fits almost all the way across my kitchen table. It has settings from 200 degrees to 450 degrees. It came with three insert pans for buffet serving and a large liner pan for general roasting. It also has a rack for roasting meats.

You can put a 9 by 13 inch cake pan in it, down to loaf pans and casserole dishes.

I think I'm going to find this to be a pretty useful gadget around here!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home