Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, February 09, 2013

Friday catching up

Well, I didn’t follow through with blogging every day on here, did I?

It’s been a long week. I wound up working 7 days straight due to the way my days off were arranged. But now, I do have the weekend off, so I’m happy about that. Maybe I can get some things accomplished around the house, plus make some breads.

Tuesday evening, we went and had supper with Younger Daughter. She served up chicken spaghetti, green beans, and some of the homemade jalapeno cheese bread I’d given her for Christmas. Then, for dessert, she made a double chocolate layer cake with double chocolate icing. Afterward, I enjoyed a cup of Keurig coffee. I’d never actually seen one of those coffee makers in action, so it was interesting to brew just one cup of flavored coffee. It wouldn’t work very well for me at home since I brew a pot full every time. (I will drink more than just one cup of coffee.) But she likes it because her hubby can have a cup of coffee when he wants, and she can have a cup of hot chocolate when she wants. There’s no waste that way for them.

It was all delicious and we had a nice long visit, too. This was her belated birthday present to me, since I’d been sick around my actual birthday and we had to postpone this dinner. I had a lot of fun there, though, so it was well worth the wait.

The really big news is that a convenience store near where I work was raided by police Thursday. We could see all manner of county sheriff’s cars, state police, and local town police surrounding the building and blocking all entrances to the store. It turned out the owner of that store and a store in another smaller town north of us was selling K-2 and “bath salts”, He was arrested and charged with felonies. They also found a handgun and about $30,000 cash on the premises. Quite exciting for our very small town! It was hard to keep everyone’s attention on our business with all that going on across the parking lot from us!

The rest of the week was pretty ordinary. We’ve gotten a lot of precipitation this winter, and this week we’ve gotten rain. We should be getting more rain over the weekend. I don’t have any outdoor plans this weekend, and even if I did, that wouldn’t stop them from being rained out.

Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home