Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Sunday, October 29, 2006

Do it yourself

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to do things myself. I love home projects. I love woodworking. I even love to grind my wheat to make bread! If you look up DIY in the dictionary, you'll see my picture there.

Several years ago, Danny and I redid an old house we were living in. I built the kitchen and bathroom cabinets myself! I overcame the fear of the circular saw and cut the lumber. We installed new flooring in part of the house.

Since we've been here in Arkansas, I've continued to do things like that. I've done some painting and some wallpapering here. I'm big on DIY home repair. Given the right tools, I don't mind starting a remodeling project either.

There's just something so satisfying about a home project. When you're done, you step back and say "I did that myself!" In this house I'm in now, sometimes I wish I could get a home makeover given to me. Oh, what I'd do with a prize like that! Maybe get a couple of decks put in so we could enjoy the scenery and relax after a hard day's work. Wouldn't it be great to win a $50,000 Extreme Home Makeover?!

I've come across a site where you can enter a contest to win the home makeover, but you can also read up on tips for DIY home repairs of all sorts. They even give you automobile repair tips and guides. Just about any type of project can be found at Handy Household Hints.

Here are the topics they share:

* Automobiles
* Carpentry and Framing
* Cleaning
* Decks and Porches
* Electrical
* Flooring and Carpet
* Painting and Refinishing
* Pest & Rodent Control
* Plumbing
* Safety
* Tools and Gadgets
* Yard and Landscaping


Check it out. Enter their contest. Who know? Maybe you'll be the winner of a home makeover!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home