Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, October 28, 2006

A good night's sleep

Finally. I slept pretty well after I finally did go to bed, in the wee hours of the morning.

I slept in what was Elizabeth's room after more than a year of sleeping on the sofa. Why was I sleeping there? When Danny got sick and started going downhill, he was in a lot of pain and I wound up on the couch just so he could get some undisturbed rest. It got to be a habit and I'm only just now able to sleep in a bed again. The room that used to be our bedroom is now my book storage because it's large enough for all that.

Anyway, I got up more refreshed than usual so I guess it's a good idea.

I put a pot of pinto beans on to cook a little while ago. They are already smelling pretty good! I put lots of onion and bacon in them. Later, I'll fix a small pan of cornbread to go with them, and whatever else I find here to fix.

For now, I need to find something to eat. I'm thinking about oatmeal. Haven't had that since last winter and it's getting cool enough that it's appealing to me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home