Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, October 28, 2006

Freebies!

I love freebies. Doesn't everyone? As I look around me right now, I can find several items that I got free. Mostly they are advertising gadgets. Things like pens, little sewing kits, emery boards, or keychains.

The thing is, these and other free items also make fun office gifts. Little gadgets like magnetic paper clip keepers or large brass paper clips are interesting and functional.

I read some advertising tips once that indicated free items really do help customers remember who you are and what you do. Especially if they are small enough to handle easily and functional enough to be used nearly daily. The customer will see your name, your business name, and your contact information literally at their fingertips.

Anyone who runs a business needs cheap promotional advertising to lure new customers in and to remind old customers of their information and product. I've got pens here for a little country store. I can't count the times I've used those pens to locate the phone number of the store and order a pizza for us. I also have some refrigerator magnets from various local businesses, and I've used them to make contact as well.

Even the emery boards I use when I do my nails have advertising on them, so they remind me of merchants I've visited before and I'll likely visit again. I know these things don't cost the business owner very much, but they are free for me to obtain and use. They demonstrate to me that the owner is very interested in my repeat business and doesn't mind supplying these items as part of their advertising budget.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home