Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, October 27, 2006

A regular supper

We had a regular supper finally. Even had it at a regular time - 5 PM. It's been awhile since we've done that. It seems like we eat at really odd times. Often, we eat around 3 PM since we usually have to be at work at 5. Sometimes we eat after we get home from work. I know...that's not a good idea.

I used the steamer and didn't scald my hand this time. I put Spanish rice Rice-a-Roni in it with sliced ham in the bottom tray. In the two smaller ones on the top I put blackeyed peas in one and canned yams in the other. I also made cheese toast like we had at Village Inn last week. I used French bread that had a lovely herb topping on it.

To make the cheese toast, you slice the bread part way through then all the way through on the next slice. That gives you a little pocket of bread. You put cheese shreds in the pocket. Your choice; we used a 3 cheese blend. Then you butter the outsides and grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum! It was so very good!

After we finished supper and got it cleaned up, we planned the upcoming meals for the next few days. I'll need to pop in to the grocery store for a few things, but basically I have what I need here to work with menus for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home