Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rodeo!

I love rodeos! I used to ride in them when I was a teen, and I went to them for many years after that when I was married. Now, though, I haven't even been to one locally in awhile and I do miss attending them.

I love the grand entrance, the events like bull riding, team roping, even girls' events like barrel racing. It's all so exciting to me. I even like the dust and the smell of the livestock.

Even better is a rodeo that has a concert along with it. When I was a senior in high school, and a member of the High School Rodeo Association, I was privileged to be able to attend and participate in our State Fair Rodeo. There were several concerts associated with it and at the time Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were there and we got to meet them personally during one of the practice times. Talk about thrilled!

The Houston Rodeo is a huge event and I drool to think I could attend that. What a dream come true to travel there, get Houston Rodeo concert tickets, and watch championship, PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) contestants along with a bang-up concert featuring the hottest names in country music and other genres of music. Names like George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, John Fogerty, and more.

It's definitely worth looking into.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home