Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Sunday, October 29, 2006

Saturday doings

Friday night I put pinto beans in water to soak. So, about 10 AM Saturday I put them on to cook with plenty of onion and bacon. I let them boil about an hour or two, then got sleepy so I turned them off and laid down awhile.

Woke up and finished cooking them so we could eat by 4 PM. I also fixed a pan of cornbread to go with them and fried some tater tots. It was all really good and I was ready for some "down home" style food. There's plenty left for a few days' meals, too...at least the beans.

We went to work. We closed which meant we were there till after 1 AM. I have foolishly spent the rest of the night awake instead of going on to bed after we got home and had a snack. Guess I better hit the hay for awhile. Maybe we'll feel like going to church this morning. I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home