Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Thursday, October 26, 2006

Snack time

I'd like to drop a few pounds, but I'll never do it like this! I just finished off a lovely cinnamon roll that was buried in icing and baptized in butter. Yes, it was a wonderful snack, but oh! those calories. Still, an occasional snack like that probably won't make much difference.

I don't eat something like that very often. I try to stick with whole grains, fresh veggies, and lean meats. But sometimes I get a hankerin' for a treat made from white flour, white sugar, and loaded with fat..lol. I refuse to feel guilty about it, too.

This morning very early I had a McDonald's cinnamon roll - no butter - and a cup of coffee. Today for lunch, I ate a small burger with mustard, pickle, and onion. I had tea sweetened with Splenda to go with it. Tonight, I ate a side salad topped with a grilled chicken breast. I used honey mustard instead of regular dressing and I had a fruit and yogurt parfait for dessert. I drank black coffee with it. So, you see, I really didn't pig out today at all.

But if I'm up at this time of night (1:15 AM), I usually do want a snack of some kind. Sometimes I just make microwave popcorn and eat a portion of that. Most of the time we don't have pastries in the house so it's not even a temptation for me. I might eat a granola bar or a bowl of cereal for a snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home