Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Sunday, October 29, 2006

Urgent need

The need for a new or not-so-new vehicle is now getting urgent. The van is missing really badly now, and today it started smoking some. Not a good sign. I figure it's a burnt valve, but I'm no mechanic.

I've found a little pickup truck. I think it's a Nissan. 1989 model with a ladder rack on it. Says on the sign that it's been driven daily and is in good condition. I need to check it out for myself, then next will be scraping together the $1800 they are asking for it. Truthfully, it's pretty much the vehicle I had in mind when I first started talking about getting another one. I've actually got two little toolboxes, the kind that fit between the wheel well and the front of the bed, that I can install on it, too. Plus, I've got a heavy-duty plastic toolbox that's supposed to go in the truck bed. I could clean that up really well and put it back there for luggage, groceries, whatever. There's not much in it right now and what is in it could be transferred to a bigger metal tool box. The metal one is just plain too heavy for me to fool with.

Since it's usually only myself, or Brandon and I, in the vehicle, a pickup like that would be the very thing I need. It could prove useful in so many ways.

Anyway, help me pray about this and help me pray that God will supply the money somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home