Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tire-d

This morning, I discovered my car had a flat tire. I saw it while I was out walking my dog before I got ready for work. I got Brandon up so he could put the spare on, which is a do-nut tire. You know, those little spare tires that look like they belong on a lawn mower?

Anyway, he got that put on and it was low so I was afraid to drive on it. He wound up putting an old tire from his non-running car on my car to get me to the tire shop. His tire is a 14. My car takes 15s. However, since it went on the back and my car is front wheel drive, I figured it would be OK to get me to the tire place. It was, but I drove the 12 miles doing only 35 mph since I didn't want that old tire to blow out going down the road.

The guy at the tire shop was able to patch my tire and get me going again. He also added air to my spare and to one tire on the front that looked to be a bit low. I was really afraid I might have to buy a tire. That was not in my plans for this week!

I wound up being about 10 minutes late for work, but I had called and told them I would be a little late. Told them the reason why, too, and they were alright with it.

Looks like I'll be shopping for tires for the back of my car pretty soon, maybe before Christmas. Brandon asked me what I want for Christmas. I should tell him, "New tires!" :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2007 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I don't like those little spares either. I didn't realize I had a flat until 3 blocks down the road, ruined the tire. :(

     
  • At 11/21/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Ann crum said…

    Usually, the first thing I do when I get a car is get a full size tire to use for a spare. I just never have with this car. I'm just glad I didn't have to buy tires this close to Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home