Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Monday, February 11, 2013

Filling in the spare time

It’s the end of another long day for me. I woke up at 4:30 this morning to get ready for work. And, I’ll be getting up that early tomorrow morning, too, since I, again, have to be there by 5:45 AM.

I spent most of the weekend baking breads, besides doing the usual chores. But at least today I did sell three loaves of the breads – two of the cinnamon raisin twirl and one dozen onion rolls. One person I sold the cinnamon bread to operates the little feed store up the road. She invited me to post a flyer about my bread making. Several folks have flyers there for various little things, so I think I’ll work one up and see how that works out for selling homemade breads.

She also commented that she didn’t see how I had time to bake bread, since I work fulltime. I told her that I simply bake on my days off and sometimes in the afternoons, if there is an order for it.

I’ll soon need miraculous medals to keep up this pace, though. I do very much enjoy the bread making, and would prefer it to be my fulltime job, but I don’t think I’ll be baking enough to actually pay the big bills around here, so I’ll just continue as I have. At least I now have most weekends off, so that gives me time to bake and time to rest.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home