Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Monday, February 18, 2013

President’s Day 2013

The weekend was pretty peaceful, as things usually go around here. I got the crocheted dishcloths done for Younger Daughter, and I started on some for myself. They are really wonderful for washing dishes and scrubbing stubborn, stuck-on foods off the dishes.

I went to work at 5:45 this morning, feeling fairly well-rested. Except for a trip to Big Town to pick Son up (he texted me saying he was quite sick), the rest of the weekend was good.

This afternoon, after I’d returned home from work, I finished fixing the chicken noodle soup that I’d started last night in the crock pot. It was made with one of our home grown chickens that we had in the freezer, so I wanted to be sure it was very tender, which it was.

About the time we finally sat down to eat, it started pouring rain, thundering, and lightning. The lights flickered but the power did stay on, thank goodness. It was raining so hard that the large solid glass windows on the front of the house looked like wall fountains from our perspective. I’m just glad the downpour and storm didn’t begin until well after I’d arrived home.

I brought home some electrolyte beverages for Son, since he now seems to have the full-blown flu. I’d picked up orange juice for him yesterday and he’s been sipping on that, too. But today the bug attacked his tummy which meant he lost everything he’d tried to eat during the day. He did eat a good supper of the chicken noodle soup, though, and so far it has stayed down alright. I can hear him sneezing his head off in the next room even now, though. I just hope I don’t catch it again! I also hope he can get some rest.

Technorati Tags: ,,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home