Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine’s Day 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I was scheduled to go in to work at 1:30 this afternoon, but got a text message asking me to come in early. I wound up being there by 9 AM because they were running very short handed this morning.

It was a busy day, which it always is on Thursdays for some reason. It’s almost as if it’s a Friday night. It seems like there was no let-up in sandwich making today, and we stayed very busy clear up until the time I left, around 4 PM.

I really didn’t mind going in early today. I was originally scheduled to work till 8 PM, then I have to be right back at 5:45 AM tomorrow. At least this way, I get some decent rest overnight.

I took Son to town with me and dropped him off at his friend’s house. They are going out of town for Valentine’s Day and he’d already agreed to babysit their two little girls. Mainly, he’ll be making sure they get on and off the school bus safely and on time, and making sure they have supper and get their homework done, if they have any.

Younger Daughter has requested that I make her some crocheted dishcloths, so I got that project started last night. I have one on hand that’s knitted, so I’ll just throw that one in, too. I started out trying to knit the cloths, but for some reason I can’t seem to get it going just right, so I ripped it all out and started crocheting, instead. It seems to be working up a little faster now. So far, I’ve crocheted two dishcloths for her. I’ll work up a couple more and give her five altogether.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home