Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Winter weather saga continues

Crazy, whacky weather. Last night, we had strong thunderstorms that caused the lights to flicker a bit. Thankfully, they didn’t go out. Then this morning, as I was heading out the door at 5 AM to go to work, I nearly did the splits on the front porch. Ice! And, my truck door was nearly frozen shut so I had to really yank on it to get it open.

This afternoon, it warmed into the 50s, which was pleasant enough. Now, tonight, it’s already 32 degrees and dropping under a clear sky.

Tomorrow afternoon, though, will bring the biggest change and I’m not looking forward to it at all. We are predicted to receive ice, sleet, and freezing rain, and it looks like this time it will actually hit. A week or so ago it was predicted but stayed too warm and it turned out to be just a little rain. This time around, though, there is supposed to be maybe 1/2 inch accumulation of ice. Not real thick ice, but certainly hazardous if you’re driving.

I’m really hoping this is the final throes of winter before spring-like weather finally arrives. Depending on the timing of this winter storm, I may not be able to get to work for a day. I’m sure one day will be it, but I can’t really afford to miss work, what with rising gas prices and all.

Son has been battling the flu but seems to be getting better. He is eating and tonight we have white bean soup, potatoes, and onion rolls. He didn’t overeat, but he did eat a satisfactory amount. When I had the flu, as I was actually getting over it, I lost my appetite for about 3 days. Only after stern words from Son did I force myself to eat, and that helped me get even better. It seemed like nothing I ate had any taste to it, but I guess I really did need to get some food into me.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home