Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Sunday, April 07, 2013

Weekend update

I wound up having to work yesterday after all which meant I couldn’t set up a table at the old fashioned days event at the little feed store up the road. I was pretty disappointed about that, but at least I did get off work in time to attend it for about an hour and a half. There were lots and lots of folks still there along with various vendors of old fashioned goods and a few that demonstrated old ways of doing things. There was also a band of several Mennonite teens who played guitars, fiddle, and mandolins. They played and sang old Gospel songs. The afternoon was very enjoyable and the weather was springtime perfect, too.

Today, we went shopping. Not my favorite activity but it’s needful if there are to be groceries in the house. I was able to take advantage of double coupons for a lot of what I bought. That really helped the overall grocery bill considerably. I shopped at a large grocery store in Big Town and a smaller one in the town where I live. They both had things on sale that I had coupons for so I came away with a lot more groceries and toiletries than I normally would have for less money than I would have normally spent.

It’s been overcast all day. The weather is predicted to be stormy in the coming days. That’s to be expected in the spring. At least it’s not frigid anymore. Maybe winter really is behind us for this year.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home