Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, March 26, 2013

After the weekend

I have been mildly curious lately about how long some products last around here. For instance, coffee. I am the only coffee drinker in the house so it probably lasts longer than it seems like it does. But, today I opened a new package of coffee then put a note on the fridge that has the date, the size of the package, and a tally mark indicating the first pot brewed from it.

I’ll be doing this with other things, too, such as dish liquid, soap, shampoo…just whatever comes to mind. I don’t exactly know why I’m doing it except to satisfy my own curiosity.

In other news…spring time has failed to really make its appearance. Our state has had snow, freezing temperatures, icy windshields, and very cold, strong winds this past week. It looks like it’s going to continue, too, for a few more days. I’d already planted a few things in the garden on the one warm day we did have. I hope those things grow. I kind of think they will since they are cool weather veggies.

As for laundry, I usually try to hang clothes outside, but this weather has that all fouled up lately and I’ve been hanging them inside, in the bathroom. Because of the uncertainty of the weather, I’ve seriously been thinking about visiting a whirlpool dryer repair place to see if they have a used dryer I can get at a decent price. The next thing, though, would be to find a place for it in my tiny house!

I’m going to try my hand at making Hot Cross Buns. I found a recipe online that I’m going to try. It seems easy enough, even though it is a yeast bread. Of course, I bake several kinds of yeast bread so it really shouldn’t be much different.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home