Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hot Cross Buns

It’s late at night, but I got a late start on baking Hot Cross Buns so now I’m waiting for them to finish baking and come out of the oven. After they cool a little, I’ll put drizzle on them in the cross marks, put them in zip bags, then go to bed. At least I don’t have to get up quite as early in the morning, but I do have to be at work at 6:30 am.

If they turn out ok, I’ll take some pictures and post them to my social networking page to see what others think about them. I’m planning to make another batch tomorrow afternoon, as well, if these are pretty and delicious. Marking the crosses on the tops after they’d risen sort of deflated them. If it has an effect on the finished product, I’ll probably mark the crosses before they rise the next time to see if that works out any better for me.

One thing is for sure…they smell heavenly!

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home