Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, March 01, 2013

End of February visit with Mom

I had a very enjoyable visit to Mom’s this past week. I arrived home today around 3:30 PM or so. I did encounter some snow flurries on the drive, but nothing serious. The snowflakes didn’t even stick to the grass or leaves alongside the road.

Mom and I spent quite a bit of time working on jigsaw puzzles. I really enjoy them though I don’t have room at my house to keep one set up. I guess, in a way, they are a special treat for me when I go visit her. Some of the puzzles are more challenging than others, but we were able to complete two and get another started before I had to leave this afternoon.

While there, I was also able to start a knitting project. I’m not the most skilled knitter, so this is just going to be a warm scarf. However, Mom had some booklets in her craft room that teach knitting, and some that have some nice crochet patterns in them, that she gave me before I left. I’ll be studying the knitting one and practicing it until I can do more than make flat, square stuff.

Sis and brother-in-law needed to go see about his son while I was there. The poor guy’s house burned and he lost everything in the fire. Thankfully, though, neither he nor his son were injured since it happened before they went to bed. It could have been so much worse.

Last night, Mom’s plumbing backed up while the washing machine was running. Mom was in the bathroom and yelled for me, and I thought something happened to her. It turned out the toilet was overflowing! She went to her room while I got it dried up and plunged the potty, but that really didn’t solve the problem. Brother-in-law called a plumber out today and he got it fixed. I don’t think I ever heard what caused it, though.

Mom’s birthday comes in just a few days. I wish I could go right back up there for that but I have to work. Maybe someday I’ll be independently wealthy and not have money and work to be concerned with…..or not.

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home