Zoo Talk

God, life, job, politics, opinions, cooking, journal, shopping, bargains, and more.



Friday, March 01, 2013

Yet another hobby?

I try to stay pretty busy at home. I bake breads, and sell some of them. I blog. I crochet and knit for myself and for gifts. I do those things in between work times. Soon, it will be time to put out a garden. At least I hope so. Considering how the weather’s been going, it’s beginning to look like any gardening will be done later than usual.

Anyway, I suppose I could maybe take up music. What do you think? If I shopped for ukeleles and learned to play this seemingly simple instrument, do you think I could make any money playing and singing?

Nah. Probably not. I’m pretty sure no one wants to hear me sing and they probably don’t want to hear me trying to play a stringed instrument either. However, I could try it after the garden starts growing. Maybe the sounds would work like a scarecrow!

Technorati Tags: ,

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3/02/2013 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ann, I don't comment often but Ido read your blog. I was happy to hear that you had a good visit wit5h yout Mom. Life goes on here, been a rough few months, My brother had cancer and had surgery in Aug and passed away on Dec 19th then in the mean time found out that hubby Dave has cancer did surgery in Oct and then after he healed they started the radstion , 8 weeks we finish up next Friday . go for tests next mon see the Dr for the results Wed so pray that they got the cancer. My daughter Sue fell and broke her hip and another bone so she is now in a nursing home rehab place, as for me I am doing ok , just worn out from coping with all of it Take care Lauraleah

     
  • At 3/03/2013 9:21 PM, Blogger Ann crum said…

    Lauraleah, you have really had some trying times. I pray with you that Dave's cancer is in remission. I'm so sorry that you lost your brother and that your daughter is having it so rough. Take care of yourself, though. I know that can be a tall order when so much is going on around you. Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home